Friday, April 22, 2011

Transit Orcus: contracts and oaths?

Orcus motion
When transit Orcus (now in in the 2nd degree of Virgo) is conjunct, square or opposition in your Midheaven, you might have to deal with broken promises in your career or be publicly punished as a result of breaking your word. That is because Orcus is the ancient punisher of broken oaths. It sounds creepy. In modern times, I think, contracts are part of the words that are related to the astrological symbol Orcus, too. I also noticed Orcus conjunct someone's Sun and later MC in the years of a change of location (while the new house was being built). Should that be because of contracts with builders, mortgages and deals, I wonder? 

 In relationships the promise to be true forever and ever is a difficult oath to keep and when oath (or broken oaths) are part of the deal, Orcus often holds a prominent position in the (progressed) chart.  

There is still little known about the resonation of Orcus. I have written about Orcus before (see links). And here you see the ephemeris of Orcus (Astro.com) http://www.astro.com/swisseph/2004dw.htm At the moment Orcus is at 1.1 degree Virgo, and that is about opposition Neptune in Pisces. The next period seems to be a perfect to observe what happens in the lives of people with their Sun, Midheaven, Ascendant or prominent planet in the 2nd degree of Virgo. 

Was Orcus conjunct your Sun or Midheaven or Ascendant when there was an important matter of contracts, oaths or promises? Or did the transit of Orcus perhaps introduce a hairy, bearded giant?:) Or, and that seems to happen all the time, didn't anything happen at all?

See the Ephemeris and check it.

LINKS
For more messages about Orcus, see the label!

EXTERNAL LINKS



Also visit: Astromarkt.net

4 comments:

Kat Daffodil said...

There was a hairy bearded Giant, my boyfriend. There was a broken oath - he promised to marry me and to never leave and after two years with me - broke it off in April and ran off with someone else. Orcus was conjunct my north node at 2 degrees Virgo. He has Orcus at 8 degrees Cancer, and his MC is at 12 degrees Cancer. He lost his job two weeks later. I still don't know what to make of it...

Kat Daffodil said...

There was a hairy bearded Giant, my boyfriend. There was a broken oath - he promised to marry me and to never leave and after two years with me - broke it off in April and ran off with someone else. Orcus was conjunct my north node at 2 degrees Virgo. He has Orcus at 8 degrees Cancer, and his MC is at 12 degrees Cancer. He lost his job two weeks later. I still don't know what to make of it...

Anonymous said...

There was a monstruous giant - and a boyfriend, like in a previous post, he made millions of loud and pompous promises,one per week more or less:), none of which he ever accomplished! Transiting Orcus was and still is conjunct my Jupiter in Virgo, and ... opposite transiting Neptune! (He is a neptune sun) And on top of this I just discovered WHY I am SOOOO angry although I understand that I never even wanted anything from him... i have natal Orcus conjunct ascendant. Zero tolerance to promise-breakers and idle talkers, rrrrrr

Anonymous said...

And what's more !! It's incredible but explain why I feel so amazingly out of head - at the same time as transiting Orcus conjunct my Jupiter, transiting jupiter conjunct my natal Orcus (which is conjunct my ascendant)- it's all true what I read in some blogs - when Jupiter transits a planet you will feel its energy directly - I feel like I am going to explode and I cant help feeling this righteous indignation!