How to be a best seller writer like for example J.K. Rowling, now in the news with Pottermore? It takes more than the chart (the right time and place and editor, for example), but what chart is the best? You are to late to change your time and place of birth but you are still in time to see if at least your chart has the same qualities as the three million selling authors Agatha Christie, Barbara Cartland and J.K. Rowling. Today it is Mercury trine Neptune and that is good for story telling (mixing facts and fantasy or communicating fiction). Those who were born today won't have problems with inventing tales. Here is a story about 3 writers and what their charts tell us.
Lots of people want to be a famous writer and trillions of concepts and scripts are never to be published or sold. Apparently it takes more than the ability to write to become a million selling writer like JK Rowling! Unlike singers you need not to be beautiful. But you need fantasy, sense of 'what people want to read', the right publisher (who takes time to read your book), a great idea, originality, education (...) and writing skills and if you have all that: LUCK. That is why you need a good Jupiter (for luck), Mercury (for writing), Venus (for style), Neptune (for fantasy)... You also need to be patient, waiting for the right moment to launch your script. It is rather complicated...The qualities (communicating skills, style and more) can be used in many other professions, too. So Neptune, the planet of fiction, must be very important in the charts of people with such an overwhelming fantasy.
Charts of writers are not alike at all. They are as different as their books and the examples on this blog were not born in the same generation. But maybe there are some things that those famous writers have in common...even if they write about different things. I found this:
- a prominent Mercury (for example 'calling' = no aspects within orb 5 degrees or within sign; for example conjunct Sun/Moon or both)
- pattern of professional artistic talent (aspects between Moon, Venus, Neptune, the signs Taurus, Libra, Cancer and Pisces, with direct or indirect connection to Midheaven
- keys to success (aspect-and midpoint combinations with Jupiter, prominence of Jupiter) and possibly important: Moon with Pholus and Jupiter
- Neptune, of course
- ...and a surprise: Moon with Jupiter and Pholus
Of course I have examples.
1. AGATHA CHRISTIE was born on September 15, 1890 in Torquay at 4:30 a.m. At that moment Saturn (ruler 5th house) was rising, Neptune and Pluto were elevated and Mercury didn't make any aspect at all. She wrote (Mercury!!!) about solving mysteries (Neptune/Pluto). But let's stick to the pattern of the million selling writer:
- Mercury is calling (and biquintile Midheaven)
- Full pattern of artistic talent (Neptune conjunct MC, trine Moon in Libra and inconjunct Venus)
- Moon tightly trine Jupiter and opposition Pholus
Neptune is elevated in her chart (conjunct Midheaven).
2. BARBARA CARTLAND
Another million seller of quite a different kind of books (romance) is Barbara Cartland.
- Mercury is also calling in her chart! Sun/Moon is semi square Mercury (motivated to write, at any possible level.
- Neptune is sextile Moon and semi quintile Venus (but I don't see the direct connection with MC....though there is Venus/Neptune(romance) is in hard aspect with AC/MC (the crosspoint of time and place) and Jupiter conjunct Midheaven is in in aspect with Moon, Venus and Neptune)
- Moon 112.5 d Jupiter (=square+ half semi square) and square Pholus
Neptune rises before Barbara Carland’s sun…
3. JK ROWLING
An Astro ID tells us about the most prominent and interesting placements and positions. In the chart of JK Rowling they are for Merucy, Venus, Sun (all three 'calling') and Jupiter (the planet rising before the Sun). You see:
- Mercury calling! Mercury doesn't make any aspect in sign or orb 5 degrees: communications at any possible level (Venus NA (the conjunction with Uranus is >5d): style at any possible level and Sun is 'calling', too...:drawing attention at any possible level)
- There is also Neptune biquintile Jupiter and quintile Venus with Venus 75d Jupiter, indication for possible success in art or love
- Jupiter rises before the Sun and is semi square Sun, pointing at positivism, the international, being convincing and self confidence.
- Moon square Jupiter and inconjunct Pholus
The time of birth of JKR is unknown, but it would be great if she was born at 10:55 a.m. with Sun/Moon conjunct Mercury, Moon with Jupiter/Uranus and Jupiter/Pluto, A/M with Neptune and the Midheaven in Cancer sextile Venus, sesquisquare Neptune and in minor aspect with the Moon.
Earlier JKR revealed that she had a period of depression and I contributed that to Moon opposition Saturn and conjunct Pluto.(see that blog: http://astropost.blogspot.com/2008/03/jk-rowling-survived-depression.html)
Lately, JK Rowling started a new site with Progressed Sun about to square Jupiter. Whatever she will do, it may be great...In the natal chart there is also a Sun-Jupiter combination, so this progression is resonating the natal aspect and having greater 'effect'. It will increase her confidence.
If she was born at 10:55 am Neptune would be of crucial importance (square AC/MC) and the ‘force’ that motivates her (Sun/Moon/Neptune combination: http://astropost.blogspot.com/2011/05/sunmoonneptune-midpoint-combinations.html)
4. Three examples is not enough for statistics. For some more writers (like Celine, Stephen King, Jorge Luis Borges, Vaclav Havel (playwright):
Also visit: Astromarkt.net for example about 'calling' (unaspected) planets and elements without placements of lights or planets (Conspicuous by absence): www.astromarkt.net/index.php?id=141